Sunday, June 29, 2014

Tartans vs. Cowhides

Even though I'm painting Dark Ages Scots, my mind is firmly on the plains of Troy, what with all the lovely new Sea People out there, both from Warlord:
http://www.warlordgames.com/new-sea-peoples-chariots/

and North Star:
http://northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=163&page=1

So excited, in fact, that I got myself one of the old Foundry mini-hordes (What the hell were they called? They seem to have disappeared from Foundry's site, small collections of 50 or so models?) of Sea Peoples, The Brazen Sea-Wolves or some such thing, off of eBay for a very nice price. I have a few coming back my way from a friendly trade-for-paint-commission, and I'll be using the entire gang as Sarpedon and Glaucus' Lukka. Rules will be a shameless theft of all the parts I like from SAGA, Dux Brit, and Before the Gates of Troy.
A comp shot for those interested in such things:
BTD, North Star, Foundry, North Star, Crocodile. I think they mix nicely. I'm no button counter, so whatever feels good works for me for this project. Just ask my Minotaur, Centaur, and Medusa, thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment